Job Title: Jungle Float Lifeguard or Customer Service
Position Type: Full or Part Time; Memorial Day to Labor Day
Salary Range: $10/hr for Lifeguard; $9/hr for Customer Service
Start Date: Memorial Day Weekend; Mandatory training dates in early May
Jungle Float on the Lake LLC is accepting applications for a Full or Part Time lifeguard and Customer Service positions during the summer. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, hardworking individual looking to enjoy their summer on or around a boat. The ideal candidate has a servant’s heart, balances multiple priorities, and displays a professional manner at all times.
Lifeguard candidates will work on the Jungle Float as a lifeguard (two lifeguards’ minimum) with a variety of responsibilities. Some of these will include driving the Tarzan Boat from our marina slip to designated swim areas on Cherokee & Douglas Lake, being responsible for the safety and security of all jumpers and assisting your coworker in general cleanliness of the Jungle Float. The Customer Service candidates will check customers in and handle all financial transactions, liability releases.
*Note, our Lifeguard candidates must meet the following criteria for summer employment.
- Certified Red Cross or YMCA Certified lifeguard preferred. We will provide a company paid certification program to successful applicants. Please read below for details on this program.
- MUST be available for mandatory Boaters Safety Course. If you currently have a TN Safe Boaters Certification Card you will not need to attend. You are free to attend any other TWRA Safety Course.
- Be available prior to Memorial Weekend for one day of orientation and training.
- Be available on Weekends and Holidays.
- Work days are from 10:30am to 6:30pm. Sunday start time will be 12:30pm Private Parties are from 6-8pm after normal business hours. You will be required to stay for the party at normal hourly pay or switch with another lifeguard.
- Days of the week for operation will very on the location.
- Closed on Mondays except during holidays. (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend)
Additional Information about our Lifeguard position
- Jungle Float on the Lake LLC will provide a means for obtaining lifeguard certification if you do not have your certification. However, you MUST work a minimum of 15 days during the summer. Each day you work, a $10 credit will be applied to the cost for training. This credit is NOT deducted from your pay. If you should leave the company prior to the $150 training cost being covered, your last paycheck will be deducted to cover the remaining amount of the training. For more details of this program, contact Jim at 423-312-2295.
- During the month of August, the boat will only be operated on Saturdays and Sundays after the local schools and colleges are in session.
- Company provided lifeguard swimsuits and shirts. Customer Service candidates will be provided a company shirt
- Boating experience preferred but not necessary.